Applying for a France Schengen visa from UK, India, UAE and other countries
I want to apply for a visa to travel to France - where do I do this?
Traditionally, visa applicants have gone through the embassy or consulate of the country they wish to visit. However, outsourced application centers now handle the process for some countries, including France. If you are a citizen of the U.K., U.S., Singapore or the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.), you are unlikely to need a visa for basic travel to the Schengen Area of European countries, which includes France - but may require one for longer stays - and will need one if you are a resident of these countries but not a citizen.
I’m in the United Kingdom and need a French visa - where do I need to go and apply?
- Information about preparing, submitting and then tracking your France visa UK application, is available on France-visas.gouv.fr, France’s official visa application website. The site also has an online portal, where you can create an account and complete an online application - guiding you through the process of applying for a visa to France from the U.K.
- After completing your application, you will need to head to a TLS France Visa Application Center in either London, Manchester or Edinburgh to book an appointment to submit your application. There, you must provide the supporting documents requested.
- Then, your visa application for France Visa UK will be passed on to the French Consulate General, who will make the final decision. You may only submit your visa application within 90 days of your departure date but are recommended to apply at least 20 working days before you wish to travel.
For further information on visa applications and additional consular services in the U.K., check out the French Embassy UK in London website.
Please click here to contact TLS France Visa.
Increased fees for short stay visas following the revision of the Schengen Visa Code, have been implemented for all Schengen States. Please note that as of February 2nd, 2020, the Schengen visa fee per visa application will increase from 60 to 80 euros (equivalent amount in local currency). For children between 6 and 12 years old, the visa fee will increase to 40 euros (or equivalent). No change for other categories (Long Stay national visas, French overseas territories, EU agreement). Visas for children under 6 years old, family members of E.U. nationals, and spouses of French nationals remain free of charge.
I live in the U.A.E., where do I need to go ?
Since May 2015, citizens of the United Arab Emirates have been exempt from requiring entry visas to travel to France. If you do think you require a visa, from 1 September 2019, you should fill out an application on the France-visas website and then submit it at the VFS Global centers in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. Applications will then be processed by the French Embassy in Abu Dhabi. Staff at the VFS Global center will keep you informed about the process. More information is available from the French Consulate in Abu Dhabi’s website, .
I live in the Philippines, where do I need to go and apply?
Those applying for France visa from the Philippines need
I live in India, where do I need to go and apply?
Those applying for French visa from India:
- need to fill in their application on the France-visas.gouv.fr, which will guide you through the process and provide information on the documentation and details you need to submit as part of your application.
- After filling out your application, you will need to book an appointment at a VFS Global center in either
- Mumbai (Bombay),
- Puducherry (Pondicherry),
- or Pune (Poona).
- Ultimate decisions are made by officials at the Embassy of France in Delhi.
More information on applying for visas, or other consular services, is available at the French Embassy in Delhi website.
What do I need to apply for a French visa?
To obtain a Schengen Visa to travel to France, you will need to provide
- your passport or travel document,
- an itinerary explaining the reasons for your trip
- proof of accommodation
- evidence you can financially support yourself during your stay
- a recent photo
- travel and health insurance certificate proving you are covered for your trip for medical expenses up to €30,000 ($26,855)
How can AXA help?
AXA offers several Schengen Visa compliant insurance policies for travel in Europe, including France. A Europe Travel insurance provides the mandatory insurance certificate needed for a Schengen visa.