Europe Travel, the travel insurance for Europe
Europe Travel, AXA Schengen travel insurance offers extensive protection, covering medical expenses up to 100,000 € in the Schengen area, in E.U. countries which are not part of the Schengen area, as well as Great Britain*, Liechtenstein, San Marin, Andorra, Monaco and the Vatican. It also allows you to obtain the travel insurance certificate required with your Schengen visa application.
Europe Travel insurance:
- guarantees a coverage of up to 100,000 € (about 111, 000 USD)
- covers travellers for up to 180 days in the following countries:
- Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Hungary, Italy, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland,
- EU countries which are not part of the Schengen area: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Ireland, Romania,
- as well as the U.K.*, Liechtenstein, San Marin, Andorra, Monaco and the Vatican.
- bears the expenses linked to emergency medical care**, hospitalisation**, sanitary repatriation** or death**
- offers the refund of your subscribed travel insurance if your Schengen visa application is denied (under certain conditions).
Travel insurance for the European Union and the Schengen area
If you wish to travel to Europe and you do not yet know the details of your itinerary, our AXA Europe Travel insurance is the best choice for you as it will give you the possibility to continue your journey if you decide to visit Ireland or the United Kingdom for example.
Visit this page to discover all our Schengen visa Insurance warranties.
Will AXA Schengen travel insurance be accepted with my visa application?
Yes ! For over 10 years AXA has been delivering insurance certificates which meet EU countries’ requirements to obtain a Schengen visa.
Is the digital travel insurance certificate valid to submit my visa application?
Yes. All you have to do is print it and enclose it with your visa application file.
Each AXA Schengen insurance policy is individualized and bears a number which is verifiable on our website.
How much does Europe Travel, AXA Schengen visa travel insurance, cost?
Great news ! Our travel insurance which will allow you to enjoy a peaceful visit to Europe is cheap. For a one week stay, it starts at €30 ($33).
The Schengen Europe travel insurance, an extensive coverage
You are not quite sure of your European itinerary but you need to be covered everywhere, wherever your travels take you for business or pleasure ? AXA Europe Travel is the Europe visa insurance you need to stay anywhere in the Schengen area as well as in any country of the European Union.
After subscribing to your Europe Travel insurance on line, you will receive a certificate by email. You must enclose it with your Schengen visa application: it meets all the requirements of the countries of the Schengen area.
It offers the basic warranties required for your medical and repatriation expense coverage. If you do not provide this travel insurance certificate, your application will not be examined and your visa request will be denied.
Warranties of Europe Travel, AXA’s travel insurance for Europe
Europe Travel also offers 4 essential advantages:
- Immediate coverage. Your insurance covers you from the first day you need it.
- No age restriction
- No price variation because of nationality or age
- No health questionnaire
If your Schengen visa application is denied, you can ask for your Europe Travel insurance to be refunded.
*Please note: As Great Britain and the European Union are going through a transitional period until December 31st 2020, AXA Schengen continues to insure travellers to Great Britain who subscribe Europe Travel or Multi Trip insurances for any trip until 31/12/2020.
** Before paying any medical expenses, travellers must first contact AXA Assistance medical service.
Ready to subscribe?Buy now
Features at a glance
U.K.*, Ireland + Schengen countries covered
AXA #1 Global Insurance Brand
(children, urgent messages, communication, theft, papers, search & rescue costs)
Meets all requirements from the European regulation
Medical expenses covered up to 100.000€
Assistance 24 / 7 - Emergency helpline
|Emergency Medical Expenses||Max 100.000 Euros|
|Repatriation to country of residence|
|Emergency medical care|
|Assistance in case of death|
|Countries covered***||Schengen area, European Union, the UK, Liechtenstein, San-Marino, Andorra and Monaco.|