How to apply for a Schengen Visa from Indonesia?
Do Indonesians nationals need a Schengen Visa to enter Europe?
Indonesian citizens, and those residing in Indonesia who are not from a country with a visa-free travel arrangement with the European Union, need to apply for a Schengen Visa in order to enter any of the Schengen Area countries.
How do I apply for a Schengen Visa from Indonesia?
You need to work out which Schengen Visa suits your trip, depending on why you want to travel, the length of your trip, and how many times you plan to visit. The standard Schengen Visa, for trips lasting up to 90 days, is a short-stay visa, with longer stays requiring a work or study visa. Multiple-entry visas are also available if you plan on traveling regularly to the Schengen Area.
Applicants must apply for an Indonesian Schengen Visa no more than six months before their journey. It is advised you apply at least three weeks before you leave, however, to allow for any delays to the processing of your application. Then you need to fill out your application, submit supporting documents, and attend an interview at a consulate, embassy, or visa application center.
You should make your application to the country you are planning to spend most of your stay in, or if staying an equal amount of days in two countries, the one you plan to enter first.
How much does a Schengen Visa cost if I apply from Indonesia?
A Schengen Visa from anywhere in the world now costs €80 (around US$90) for adults and €40 (around US$45) for minors. Visa fees are waived for children under six years of age, those traveling to Europe for certain purposes, such as to study or research in certain fields, or those attending certain sporting, charitable, or cultural events.
How do I book my Indonesian Schengen Visa appointment?
Schengen Visa applicants from Indonesia must book an appointment to be interviewed and attend with their supporting documents. These will be undertaken at a consulate, embassy or visa application center. Some countries use these outsourced visa application centers. For example, the Netherlands uses the company VFS Global, which has centers in Jakarta, Bali, and Surabaya.
Apply for a Schengen visa in Indonesia to visit France
- Visa applications submitted in Indonesia will be issued by the Embassy of France in Jakarta, which is the only authority capable of making decisions concerning visas.
The time it takes for your visa to be issued may vary according to the applicant’s nationality and the requested visa type. Furthermore, the timespan between your registration date and your appointment date may also vary according to the seasons. Therefore, it is recommended for you to take an appointment as soon as your trip’s departure date is known.
Visa applications are done through the TLScontact centre in Jakarta. Appointments can be scheduled from the TLS Contact website fr.tlscontact.com/id/JKT/index.php?l=en or by calling their free Call Center +62.21.29852777 .
The TLScontact procedure is not compulsory; visa applicants can also come to the French Embassy in Jakarta to submit their applications, only on Tuesdays and Thursday from 9:00 to 11:00.
Apply for an Italian visa in Indonesia
- The Italian embassy in Dakarta uses the company VFS Global: vfsglobal.com/italy/indonesia/
- Helpline: +62 21 30418704
- Applications for Schengen and Long Stay Visas to the Embassy of Italy in Jakarta can be submitted, by scheduling an appointment and solely by personal appearance of the applicant, to the VFS Italy Visa Application Centre, Monday to Friday, from 08:00 to 15:00. Applicants who have rendered their fingerprint data in the last 59 months may opt to delegate the submission to a third party
- There are 3 VFS Global centers in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket
- The Italian embassy: ambjakarta.esteri.it/Ambasciata_Jakarta/en/ Address: Jl. Diponegoro No. 45, Menteng, Jakarta 10310 Tel: 0062 (0) 21 3193 744
What documents do I need to apply for an Indonesian Schengen Visa?
You will need:
- two recently taken passport-style photos,
- an Indonesian passport or other travel documents that are no older than 10 years and valid for at least three months after your departure date from the Schengen Area.
- You will also need a certificate showing you have travel and medical insurance covering you up to costs of €30,000,
- evidence of legal residence in Indonesia (such as an ID card or residence permit),
- a flight itinerary
- proof of accommodation during your stay,
- proof of your civil status, like a marriage certificate, and
- proof you have means to support yourself during your stay.
What documents will I need to work or study on a Schengen Visa?
If you are planning to work or study in the Schengen Area, you will need additional documents to obtain your Indonesian Schengen Visa. For those coming to work in Europe, these documents include an employment contract, a current bank statement, a no objection letter from your Indonesian employer, and an income tax return. The self-employed need an income tax return, a company bank statement and a copy of their Indonesian business license. As a student, you will need proof of enrolment at a European university or other educational institution and a no objection letter from the Indonesian institution where you study.
You may also need to supply proof of a pension or property income if these provide your income.
How long does it take to get a Schengen Visa in Indonesia?
Applications should take around 15 days but can take up to 30 days to process, especially during busy periods. However, in some cases, it may take up to 60 days.
Why choose AXA Schengen Insurance?
AXA’s Low Cost Travel Insurance starts from 22€ per week (around $24) and will meet your visa requirements, while the AXA Schengen Europe Travel Insurance offers extended coverage up to costs of €100,000.
Each product comes with an instantly available insurance certificate that is available online and can be printed to take to your visa interview. Your payment will be refunded in the event your visa application is refused.
How to apply for Schengen visa in other countries ?
How to apply for a Schengen Visa from Thailand
How to apply for a Schengen Visa from India
How to apply for a Schengen Visa from China
How to apply for a Schengen Visa from the Philippines
How to apply for a Schengen Visa from Jamaica
How to apply for a Schengen Visa from Peru
How to apply for a Schengen Visa from Mexico
How to apply for a Schengen Visa from Colombia
How to apply for a Schengen Visa from the U.K
How to apply for a Schengen Visa from the U.S.A