How to apply for a Schengen Visa from Thailand?
Do Thai nationals need a Schengen Visa to enter Europe?
Thai passport holders need to apply for a Schengen Visa in order to enter any of the Schengen Area countries.
How do I apply for a Schengen Visa from Thailand?
You need to work out which Schengen Visa suits your trip, depending on why you want to travel, the length of your trip, and how many times you plan to visit. The standard Schengen Visa, for trips lasting up to 90 days, is a short-stay visa, with longer stays requiring a work or study visa. Multiple-entry visas are also available if you plan on traveling regularly to the Schengen Area.
Applicants must apply no more than six months before their trip. It is advised you apply at least three weeks or more before you leave, however, to allow for any delays to the processing of your application. Then you need to fill out your application, submit supporting documents, and attend an interview at a consulate, embassy, or visa application center.
You should make your application to the country you are planning to spend most of your stay in, or if staying an equal amount of days in two countries, the one you plan to enter first.
How much does a Schengen Visa cost if you apply from Thailand?
A Schengen Visa from Thailand, or anywhere in the world, now costs €80 (around 2900 THB) for adults and €40 (1400 THB) for minors. Visa fees are waived for children under six years of age, those traveling to Europe for certain purposes, such as to study or research in certain fields, or those attending certain sporting, charitable or cultural events.
What documents do I need to apply for a Schengen Visa from Thailand?
In addition to this, you will need:
- two recently taken passport-style photos,
- your Thai passport or other travel documents that are no older than 10 years and valid for at least three months after your departure date from the Schengen Area.
- a certificate showing you have travel and medical insurance covering you up to costs of €30,000,
- evidence of legal residence in Thailand (such as an ID card or residence permit),
- a flight itinerary
- proof of accommodation during your stay,
- proof of your civil status, like a marriage certificate, and
- proof you have means to support yourself during your stay
How do I book my Schengen Visa appointment from Thailand?
Thailand Schengen Visa applicants must book an appointment to be interviewed and attend with their supporting documents. These will be undertaken at a consulate, embassy or visa application center.
Apply for a visa in Thailand to visit France
- Visa applications submitted in Thailand are examined by the French Embassy in Bangkok, only the Embassy is authorised to take decisions about visas.
- Visa applicants can visit any of the TLScontact centre to have their visa application processed
- TLScontact centre in Bangkok : fr.tlscontact.com/th/BKK/page.php?pid=procedure CALL CENTER: +66 (0) 26 96 38 88
- French Embassy in Bangkok : 35, Charoenkrung soi 36 - Street Brest, Bangrak 10500 Bangkok Thailand. CALL CENTER: +66 (0) 26 57 21 55
Apply for a visa in Thailand to visit Germany
The German embassy in Bangkok uses the company VFS Global: visa.vfsglobal.com/tha/en/deu
Apply for a visa in Thailand to visit Italy
- The Italian embassy in Bangkok uses the company VFS Global: vfsglobal.com/italy/thailand/
- You can download the application form: vfsglobal.com/italy/thailand/pdf/Schengen-Visa-Application-Form-Short-Stay.pdf
- There are 3 VFS Global centers in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket
- The Italian embassy: 27 Fl. CRC Tower, All Seasons Place, 87 Wireless Road , Lumpini, Phatumwan Bangkok 10330 Tel 00662/250-4970
Deposit the fingerprints
If you have already obtained a Schengen Visa within the last 59 months :
Applicants who have already obtained a Schengen Visa and deposited their fingerprints within the last 59 months with any of the Schengen countries may not be required to appear in person to lodge their applications at our Visa Application Center as their biometric data is saved on VIS system.
How long will my Schengen Visa application take to process?
Applications should take around 15 days but can take up to 30 days to process. However, in some cases, it may take up to 60 days.
Why choose AXA Schengen Insurance?
AXA’s Low Cost Travel Insurance starts from 22€ per week (around 710 TBH) and will meet your visa requirements, while the AXA Schengen Europe Travel Insurance offers extended coverage up to costs of €100,000.
Each product comes with an instantly available insurance certificate that is available online and can be printed to take to your visa interview. Your payment will be refunded in the event your visa application is refused.
How to apply for Schengen visa in other countries? :
- How to apply for a Schengen Visa from China
- How to apply for a Schengen Visa from India
- How to apply for a Schengen Visa from Indonesia
- How to apply for a Schengen Visa from the Philippines
- How to apply for a Schengen Visa from Jamaica
- How to apply for a Schengen Visa from Peru
- How to apply for a Schengen Visa from Mexico
- How to apply for a Schengen Visa from Colombia
- How to apply for a Schengen Visa from the U.K
- How to apply for a Schengen Visa from the U.S.A
- How to apply for a Schengen Visa from Turkey
- How to apply for a Schengen Visa from Saudi Arabia
Frequently asked questions about Schengen Visas from Thailand
What should I do if my visa gets refused?
If your visa is turned down - you have the right to appeal to the authorities in the Schengen member state where you applied.
What will happen if I overstay my Thailand Schengen Visa?
The sanction will depend on which country you are found to be overstaying in but you will face deportation a fine and a possible ban from entering the Schengen Area.
Could officials request additional documents to back up my Thailand Schengen Visa application?
Yes. They may ask for additional documentation according to your personal situation.