How to apply for a Spain visa from India
Do Indian nationals need a visa to travel to Spain?
Yes. Spain is in both the European Union (EU) and the Schengen Area of European countries that have abolished border controls between each others’ borders, with Indians requiring a Schengen Visa or a long-stay work or study visa to travel to these.
How do I apply for a Spain Visa from India?
You will first need to work out which Spain Visa type you need, depending on your purpose, the length of your trip, and how many times you plan to visit. The basic Schengen Spain Visa, for trips lasting up to 90 days, is a short-stay visa, which can be used for trips to work, study, for tourism, or family purposes. Multiple-entry visas are also available if you plan on traveling regularly in and out of the Schengen Area.
You must apply for your visa no more than six months, and no fewer than 15 days, before your trip. Then you need to fill out your application, pay a fee of €80 for adults and €40 for minors, obtain all the documents you need for your Spain Visa, and attend an interview at a visa application center BLS. Visa fees are waived for children under six years of age, those traveling to Europe for study purposes, researchers, those under 25 years old traveling with charitable organizations, and those participating in sporting or cultural events.
What documents do I need to apply for a short-stay Spain Visa from India?
- One application form for a Schengen visa duly completed (full postal address, email address and telephone should not be omitted), dated and signed in blue ink by the applicant or both parents if a minor. exteriores.gob.es/Embajadas/NUEVADELHI/en/InformacionParaExtranjeros/Documents/Schengen%20application%20form.pdf
- One photograph not older than 6 months of the applicant, 35-45 mm and on a white background, should be affixed on the application form.
- In case of minors applying alone or not with both parents, the application must include a notarized authorization letter signed by both parents. The parent who is not present at the moment of the application must submit as a proof of the signature a notarized copy of the passports or PAN cards or driving license.
- Passport of the applicant with at least two blank pages, valid for at least three months after the duration of the anticipated stay and issued in the last ten (10) years. Old passports can also be included. If there is any visa refusal in the latest 2 years, please provide the refusal notice or a written explanation about the reasons.
- One copy of the pages of the passport with biographic data (in the case of an Indian passport, at the beginning and the end).
- Copy of the passport of the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen (or also DNI, if he/she is Spanish) attested by notary public. The EU/EEA/Swiss citizen can also accompany the applicant and produce his/her original passport or Spanish DNI.
- Proof that the applicant is traveling with an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen or joining her/him in Spain (e.g. flight tickets or attested letter by notary public by the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen or Carta de invitación of the Spanish National Police.
- Evidence of the family relationship: legalized/apostilled birth, marriage or legal partnership certificate, as applicable, issued not earlier than 3 months. Only certificates issued by the Spanish Civil Registry will be accepted of evidence of a marriage with a Spanish national.
- Evidence of dependency (i.e. disabilities, health issues, economic or others), if parents or children above 21.
- If the applicant is not a national of India, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal or the Maldives, evidence of his/her legal residence in any of these countries (residence permit)
According to Spanish authorities, to obtain a Spain Visa from India, you need to show you have at least €573 in total for trips lasting up to 10 days, or €70.77 per day for longer visits.
What additional documents do I need to get a Spain Visa to work or study?
If you are planning to work or study in Spain for fewer than 90 days, then you will need additional documents to obtain your visa. These include an employment contract, a current bank statement, a no objection letter from your Indian employer, and an income tax return. The self-employed need an income tax return, and a company bank statement, as well as any licensing documentation. As a student, you will need proof of enrolment at an educational institution in Spain, and preferably a no objection letter from your current institution authorizing your study.
If you are looking to stay in Spain for longer than 90 days to study or work, you need a national Spain visa from India rather than a short-stay Schengen Visa, and these must be submitted by the applicant at the Embassy of Spain in New Delhi or Mumbai. Similarly, you will need to prove you have an offer to work or study and means to support yourself during your stay. If working in Spain, you may only be granted an employment visa or work permit if your skills meet Spain’s list of shortage occupations - so may need to prove your qualifications and expertise.
Where do I apply for a Spain Visa in India?
Spanish authorities have a deal with the company BLS International: india.blsspainvisa.com which processes applications on behalf of the Spanish embassy. You can apply online via the BLS International website india.blsspainvisa.com/book_appointment.php , and you will need to attend an interview at one of the BLS International centers. Please ensure that you have checked the jurisdiction section before the submission of your application in New Delhi or Mumbai.
|Your live in||You must visit|
Andaman and Nicobar Island, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tripura, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal
|BLS New Delhi|
| Andhra Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra,
Tamil Nadu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu,
Applicants need to submit application in BLS Spain Visa Application Centre personnaly or send any authorized representative to submit your visa application.
Applications should take around 15 days but can take up to 30 days to process, especially during busy periods. However, in some cases, it may take up to 60 days. In most cases, you will be informed within 15 calendar days whether your application has been successful. Sometimes it can take up to 45 days in case it is necessary to make a more detailed exam of the application.
All Schengen visa applicants in India have to appear in person in order to provide biometric data (fingerprints and digital photography). The photograph can be digitally taken at the time of the application or scanned from a recent one, if conform to ICAO standards2 . For futher applications (within 5 years), the fingerprints can be copied from the previous application file .
How much does a Spain Visa cost in India?
A Spain Visa from India costs €80 or Rs. 6,500 for adults and €40 or Rs. 3,250 for minors. Visa fees are waived for children under six years of age, those traveling to Europe for study purposes, researchers, those under 25 years old traveling with charitable organizations, and those attending sporting or cultural events.
Why choose AXA Schengen Insurance?
AXA’s Low Cost Travel Insurance costs only €0.99 ($1.11) per day of your trip and will meet your visa requirements, while our AXA Schengen Europe Travel Insurance offers extended coverage up to costs of €100,000. Those seeking a multiple-entry visa can purchase our Multi Trip insurance from €298 per year, which again covers you for expenses up to €100,000.
How to apply for other Schengen countries from India ?
Frequently asked questions about Spain visas from India
If your visa is refused you have the right to appeal to the authorities in the Schengen member state where you applied.
No. So you should check you have all the correct details before applying for your visa and take care with your application.
Yes. Providing they are one of the 25 other countries within the Schengen Area.