Check if you need a visa (see the list of countries).
You can get your visa from the embassy or consulate of the country which you are visiting in the Schengen Area, or a visa application center that acts on their behalf.
If you are visiting more than one country, you should apply to the country you are residing in for most of your visit.
The documents required are:
- Your Schengen Visa application form
- A travel and medical insurance certificate - when you take out an AXA Schengen travel insurance policy, you will be given an insurance certificate. This is a personal document that you must print out and send to the consulate.
- Your Passport. This must be valid for three months after the expiry date of the visa you are applying for.
- Documents showing the purpose and itinerary of your visit. You must submit documents stating the purpose of your trip and your itinerary. So, you will need to inform officials of your means of transport. For example, a return air ticket, proof of transport by car, train, etc. You will also need to indicate the purpose of your trip - this might simply be proof of reservation of a tourist trip. But it might also be an invitation from one of your friends or relatives, or say, an invitation to a work conference or event.
- Subsistence during your stay. You must demonstrate that you have the requisite financial resources to cover your needs throughout your trip. Requirements may differ from country to country in the Schengen Area , so please check with the embassies and consulates of the countries concerned.
- You will also need to show where you plan to stay - providing documentation showing a hotel reservation, for example. In some cases, additional information may be requested by the authorities of the countries concerned. Answers to the questions as set out in the visa application form. Don’t forget to provide the proofs with the application form.
- Schengen travel insurance To obtain a visa, you will need travel insurance to cover the costs of repatriation and emergency medical expenses worth at least €30,000. The AXA Schengen insurance policy meets the requirements for obtaining a Schengen visa. The insurance certificate must be presented at the time of delivery of the visa.