This document constitutes the personal data processing policy applicable to the use of the website. This document complements the general conditions for the processing of personal data that are applicable to your contract or policy with AXA ASSISTANCE.
This document may be adapted in the future. We invite you to consult it regularly.
LEGAL NOTICE - DATA CONTROLLER
SA INTER PARTNER ASSISTANCE
Member of the AXA ASSISTANCE Group
Head office : Boulevard du Régent 7, 1000 Brussels
Registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0415.591.055, RPM Brussels Insurance company approved under code 0487
(hereinafter referred to as "AXA ASSISTANCE").
The Editor draws the attention of the Users of his site to the following points:
- " AXA ASSISTANCE" means SA INTER PARTNER ASSISTANCE, described above;
- "Data" means personal data;
- "Publisher" means AXA ASSISTANCE;
- "Legislation" means the Belgian, European and international laws and regulations relating to the protection of privacy and the processing of personal data, in particular the GDPR and the Belgian laws and decrees supplementing this Regulation;
- "Controller" means the controller as defined by the GDPR; the controller is AXA ASSISTANCE ;
- "GDPR" means Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC ;
- "Subcontractor" means the subcontractor, as defined in the GDPR;
- "User" means any person using the Mobile Application;
- "You" or "Beneficiary" means the beneficiary of the assistance benefits (as defined in the contractual conditions of your contract or policy), who accesses, consults, uses the Mobile Application for the implementation of the Assistance Benefits.
PURPOSE OF THE TREATMENT
The personal data that you communicate to AXA ASSISTANCE may be processed by the latter for the following purposes:
- The provision of assistance services,
- The management and execution of the contract or insurance policy concluded with AXA ASSISTANCE,
- the development, management, adaptation and updating of the website and/or its functionalities,
- analysis (including technical or statistical analysis) of the use of the website and/or its functionalities and of connections to the website,
- the management of the file of persons,
- customer service,
- detection, prevention and fight against fraud,
- the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing,
- portfolio monitoring,
- compliance with applicable legislation (tax, social, accounting, etc.) assistance services provided for in your contract or insurance policy, statistical studies.
Depending on the type of coverage or services offered by AXA PARTNERS BELGIUM, the personal data that may be processed by AXA PARTNERS BELGIUM are the following:
- Identification data (name, first name, date of birth, etc.),
- Contact data (postal address, e-mail address, telephone numbers, etc.),
- Family composition and marital status (number of children, identity of spouse or partner, identity of family members living in the same household, etc.)
- Commercial data (contract or policy number, VAT number, etc.)
- Banking and financial data (bank account, banking institution, etc.);
- Health-related data (medical certificates and reports, bills, etc.);
- Other personal data necessary for the provision of the guarantee subscribed or to be subscribed with AXA PARTNERS BELGIUM.
- AXA PARTNERS BELGIUM only collects and processes your data insofar as this is necessary to achieve the purposes of processing that it pursues.
LEGAL BASES OF THE TREATMENT
PROCESSING OF HEALTH-RELATED DATA
Processing of health-related data
When your contract or policy involves the processing of data relating to your health, AXA PARTNERS BELGIUM guarantees the respect of the specific rules applicable to this type of processing, by taking all the technical and organizational measures required for this purpose.
- The processing of such data is carried out only on the basis of the express consent of the data subject or, where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent, in order to safeguard the vital interests of the data subject.
- The processing of this data is carried out under the supervision of doctors (medical advisors), subject to medical secrecy, as well as by employees of AXA PARTNERS BELGIUM specially appointed for this purpose.
- Medical certificates and other documents containing such data, which are necessary for the negotiation, conclusion or execution of the contract, including the management of claims, are processed only by specially authorized managers and are subject to enhanced confidentiality under the supervision of medical advisors. Only data relating to the current state of health of the persons concerned and which are strictly relevant to the risk for which these documents have been drawn up are processed.
- The transfer of this data is only carried out insofar as it proves to be necessary and where the recipients present sufficient guarantees to ensure the respect of the rules specific to their treatment. Prior to this transfer, AXA PARTNERS BELGIUM ensures that the data is minimized, pseudonymized or, if necessary, anonymized.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Insofar as the communication of personal data is necessary to achieve the purposes listed above, AXA ASSISTANCE may transfer your Personal Data to other persons, whether they are other companies in the AXA Group or third parties to other companies in the AXA Group to companies and/or persons in contact with them (assistance service providers, lawyers, experts, medical advisors, reinsurers, co-insurers, insurance intermediaries, service providers, other insurance companies, representatives, underwriting offices, claims settlement offices, Datassur). The other companies of the AXA Group, the companies and/or the persons in relation with them to whom the Personal Data are communicated, may be located both in the European Union and outside.
In case of transfers of personal data to third parties located outside the European Union, AXA ASSISTANCE complies with the legal and regulatory provisions in force concerning such transfers. In particular, it ensures an adequate level of protection for personal data thus transferred on the basis of alternative mechanisms set up by the European Commission, such as standard contractual clauses, or the binding corporate rules of the AXA Group in the event of intra-group transfers (Mon. B. 6/10/2014, p. 78547).
AXA PARTNERS BELGIUM keeps the personal data collected relating to the insurance contract for the entire duration of the contractual relationship or the management of the claims file, with updating of the data each time the circumstances require it, extended by the legal conservation period or the prescription period so as to be able to deal with any requests or appeals that may be initiated after the end of the contractual relationship or after the closure of the claims file.
AXA PARTNERS BELGIUM keeps the personal data relating to refused offers or to which AXA PARTNERS BELGIUM did not respond until five years after the issue of the offer or the refusal to conclude.
AXA ASSISTANCE undertakes to keep your Personal Data secure, confidential and accurate during the period of use authorized by the present document. At the end of the retention period, your Personal Data will be rendered anonymous or destroyed.
AXA ASSISTANCE has taken all necessary measures to preserve the confidentiality of Personal Data and to protect against any unauthorized access, misuse, modification or deletion of the same.
To this end, AXA ASSISTANCE follows the security and service continuity standards and regularly evaluates the security level of its processes, systems and applications as well as those of its partners.
RIGHTS OF THE PERSON CONCERNED
You are entitled to:
- obtain confirmation from AXA ASSISTANCE that Personal Data concerning you are or are not being processed and, when they are, to access these data;
- to rectify and, if necessary, to complete your Personal Data which are inaccurate or incomplete;
- to have your Personal Information deleted under certain circumstances;
- to limit the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances;
- to object, for reasons related to your particular situation, to the processing of your Personal Data, based on the legitimate interests of AXA ASSISTANCE. AXA ASSISTANCE will no longer process the Personal Data, unless it can demonstrate that there are legitimate and compelling reasons for the processing that prevail over the interests and rights and freedoms of the person concerned;
- to object to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling for direct marketing purposes;
- not to be the subject of a decision based exclusively on automated processing, including profiling, producing legal effects concerning him or her or significantly affecting him or her; however, if this automated processing is necessary for the conclusion or execution of a contract, you have the right to obtain human intervention on the part of AXA ASSISTANCE, to express your point of view and to contest the decision of AXA ASSISTANCE;
- to receive your Personal Data provided to AXA ASSISTANCE, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; to transmit this data to another data controller, when (i) the processing of your Personal Data is based on its consent or for the purposes of the execution of a contract and (ii) the processing is carried out using automated processes; and to have your Personal Data transmitted directly from AXA ASSISTANCE to a data controller, when this is technically possible;
- to withdraw your consent at any time, without prejudice to the processing carried out lawfully prior to the withdrawal of consent, where the processing of your Personal Data is based on its consent.
CONTACT AXA ASSISTANCE
You can contact AXA ASSISTANCE to exercise your rights at the following addresses. Your request must be accompanied by a photocopy of both sides of your identity card (or any other identity document):
• by mail:
Data Protection Officer Inter Partner Assistance S.A.
Boulevard du Régent 7
• by e-mail:
AXA ASSISTANCE will process the requests within the time limits provided by law. Unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, no payment will be required for the processing of these requests.
MAKE A COMPLAINT
If you believe that AXA ASSISTANCE is not respecting the regulations in this matter, you are invited to consult AXA ASSISTANCE in priority.
You may also file a complaint with the Personal Data Protection Authority at the following address:
DATA PROTECTION AUTHORITY
Rue de la Presse, 35
Phone + 32 2 274 48 00 Fax + 32 2 274 48 35 firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also file a complaint with the court of first instance of your residence.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file deposited, subject to your choices, on your terminal (computer, mobile or tablet) when visiting a site. The term cookie is to be taken in a broad sense and covers all the tracers deposited and/or read, for example, when consulting a website, reading an e-mail, installing or using a software or a mobile application. Cookies are managed by your Internet browser and only the issuer of a cookie is likely to read or modify the information contained therein.
What are cookies for?
They are useful and even essential for browsing the Internet and make it more intuitive. They only concern the functioning of our sites and improve your navigation, by memorizing information and data previously given by you in order to facilitate your access to reserved or personal spaces. Their purpose is to collect information relating to your navigation, and to send you services or advertisements adapted to your needs and to your terminal, while personalizing the content of the site in order to offer you the best possible navigation experience when you visit our site.
Security of your personal data
Our cookies do not store personal information such as your name, address, phone number or email in a format that can be read by third parties. The cookies we use cannot read any information on your computer, smartphone or other digital media connected to the web. They do not access your personal information, nor that of your family, nor the information stored on your hard drive.
Links to third party sites
If you click on links to third party sites, please note that they have their own privacy and cookie policies. We recommend that you check those privacy policies. We are not responsible for what happens on these third party sites.
What types of cookies are used by AXA Assistance?
Tracking cookies are essential for navigation: Without them, you simply could not navigate our site and use its various features. They collect and store information that we need to make our website work. These cookies are only effective during your navigation: when you leave our site, they are deleted.
Technical and functional cookies: They enable us to store your browsing preferences by keeping a record of the various choices you have made on our site so that we can offer them to you again and adapt the presentation of the pages of our site to your terminal's display preferences (language, display resolution, etc.). They thus facilitate your navigation on our site.
Performance cookies: By anonymously collecting a certain amount of information during visits to our site (how you arrived on the site, pages visited most often), they allow us to analyze browsing behavior on the site for optimization purposes (i.e. bug resolution). These cookies are stored until an expiration date set by the site or by your browser.
Cookies facilitating online communication: They are intended to remember the data entered by you on the pages of our site in order to facilitate, for example, the establishment of estimates, online simulations and the subscription of our products.
Advertising cookies: They allow us to display personalized ads based on your profile, to limit the number of times each ad appears and to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
The "social buttons" cookies: They allow the sharing of the content of their site on social platforms. However, the source code proposed to site designers exploits cookies that allow tracking the navigation of Internet users, whether or not they are users of these platforms.
How to manage and deactivate them?
Here's how to control or prevent cookies from being saved: The configuration of each browser is different. You can find out how to change your cookie preferences in the help menu of your browser.