Brexit's effets on travel and residency in Europe for U.K nationals
All you need to know about Brexit and its effects on U.K. and EU nationals and travel
If you are a U.K. or EU national living in the U.K. then the U.K.’s departure from the EU, aka Brexit, will have been a hot topic of conversation over the past five years - but now Britain has left the EU and finalized its future relationship in the near-term, you may be wondering about its effect on your travel plans or residency. This page lists our different guides to help you find answers to your questions regarding Brexit.
As a result of Britain formally leaving the European Union in 2020, there have been some changes to U.K. nationals’ ability to travel to the EU, especially for longer visits to European countries. What are the effects of Brexit on those traveling to the Schengen Area from the U.K. ?
Visas to EU countries after Brexit
- Brexit : how to apply for a Schengen visa from the U.K ?
- Brexit : how to apply for a Spain visa from the U.K ?
- Brexit : how to apply for a France visa from the U.K ?
- Brexit : how to apply for a Italy visa from the U.K ?
- What does Brexit change for bi-national couples ?
Travel insurance to the Schengen countries
- Schengen travel insurance for U.K nationals
- Spain travel insurance for U.K nationals
- France travel insurance for U.K nationals
Healthcare when traveling to the EU from the U.K.
- Brexit : is the European Health Insurance Card still valid ?
- Brexit : what is the GHIC and how to apply ? :
Residency in E.U countries after Brexit
- What does Brexit change for U.K nationals living in Europe ?
- U.K nationals : how to apply for a Spanish residence permit ?
- U.K nationals : how to apply for a French residence permit ?